Thursday, November 14, 2013

Just So You Know Me...

Vision: During my chronic attack, I went through each day with eyes that did not focus, with a feeling of them being glazed with petroleum jelly. Not to mention, each eye moved in their own direction, without cooperation. Now-a-days, my eyes get tired and sometimes out of sync, but is that MS or just being 40 years old?

Movement: Oh yeah buddy, sometimes I try to move my legs to the right and they go to the left. Details with my hands are just not the same anymore. I can't chop onions as fast as I once could, and my guitar playing has become more slower and more percussive. But - MS kinda gives me my own sound.

Oh, but the most obvious issue with movement is with my legs. Goodbye electric slide.

Sensory: Damn.. spasms suck. And one of my constant reminders that I've got something going on up in here.  My spasms keep me standing, because I hate to move from seated to that very first step when you stand up.

Bladder/Bowel: I have trouble convincing people that any place is the right place to relieve yourself. Now I know where most restrooms can be found, but on more than one occasion, I have pissed on a stop sign or during a red light.

A large Mountain Dew and a long road trip is like Russian roulette and a definite gamble.

Sexual Activity: Karma Sutra, yeah right? Hell, you're lucky if I show up for the foreplay. But it's no secret, I have two kids of my own and I am positive I was there in some menial fashion.

Fatigue: There isn't a word for how tired I am, when I all I did was wake up this morning. It is an overwhelming debilitating fatigue, not known by anyone but MS patients.

Cognition/Mood: Most likely I will forget most of what you tell me, and most likely I will get very pissed because you will insist I never told you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Is that the best you got? ;-)